Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back at it

March 6, 2013

Overcast today at 7:00 am, but on the mild side, 36 f. The patchy remnants of the Great Blizzard of 2013 are still on the ground, gone from the south facing slopes, but a bit of new snow is predicted over the next couple of days.

Last night I had an unusual dream. In the dream, I was lying in my bed, at night, as I was in reality. The only difference was that in my dream, I was awake, whereas in reality I was asleep. In my dream, I thought that I should start a diary, and that I could do it on this blog easily enough, since every morning I am at my computer with my coffee. That was after all the whole idea to begin with, so I don't know why I haven't been doing it.

So how do I know this was a dream? I heard a siren in the distance, which as far as I can remember has never happened as long as I have lived here. We have a volunteer fire company but they seem to exist only to drill and drink beer. There must be occasional need for an ambulance, but there isn't any traffic so they probably don't use their sirens much. Anyway, a few minutes later -- subjectively, in my dream -- I heard a voice outside the door. "Police!" There is nothing illicit here, for better or for worse, but there they were. In my dream, I struggled to get out of bed, and could not do it because I was, well, asleep. Then I woke up, and immediately I could tell the difference. Now I could get out of bed, but there was no need, because the police were not here.

So, I take it as a sign. I should start writing the Windham County blog every day. And I will. There will always be something worth noting or discussing, be it only the weather and the vegetation. Sometimes it will be about humans and their strange ways, sometimes about other creatures. We shall see where this goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment